Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dear Dad, I'm DEF not gonna be a Doctor

Today a fairly relaxed in the clinic as we only saw about 12 patients as compared to the 40-60 normally! Regardless it was a phenomenal day of learning about the Mexican healthsystem for my partner in crime Valeria & I (SO excited to have a fellow RN student with me!!) and we especially enjoyed talking with the doctor at el centro who is only 24!! que joven!! he is currently serving his year of service for the country which is required before officially becoming a doctor (SO GREAT) and had so much great advice to share!

On the darker side note and to explain my title of the day.. While in my spanish lessons with the 3 other End year med students in my group, I was laughed/poked/belittled for my desire to be a nurse. After being asked to name an illness for the cardiac system of the body, replied CAD (coronary artery disease) a perfectly respectable answer. instead of agreeing, one of them laughed while the other said.. umm ok nursing school.. While wanted to give them a swift one to the you know where and really start a fight, decided to take the high road and simply explain to them exactly what CAD is and how it most definitely is a cardiac issue. Now if only there was a way to instruct med students on how not to be such (insert multiple explicates here) the hospitals would be a much happier and efficient place & nurses would truly RULE THE WORLD ;) just sayin..

Well all I have for you today & I hope to havve happuy baby news for you tomorrow :)

Off to my favorite cafecito in the meantime!

Buuenas noches
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment