Sunday, July 3, 2011

Takin on the waves!

This morning after having a wonderful breakfast with my host family, exploring the local mart "Super Che", having a brief tour and intro to the bus routes and important places en puerto, the CFHI local coordinator Soledad and her husband Roger (pronounced WAY differently down here) took us to la Punta for a beach bash! La Punta is at the southernmost part of beach in Puerto just past Zicatela (famous for its surfing)  while at la punta, Roger and my neighbor Jeremy (a Hawwaii native) taught us all how to surf! While my lack of balance sure did get the best of me out on the water, I had a total blast and can now at least say that have tried.  Tomorrow will be my first clinical day at un centro de salud en Manialtepec (a 30 min taxi ride from my homestay) and I look anxiously forward to it! Hope all of you back home have a wonderful & blessed 4th of July and will be sure to sport my navy blue scrubs ;)

Cheers!
Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment